· The implementation of all Government building in compliance with the Financial Management Manual and the Public Procurement Act.
· Act as project leader in a multidisciplinary team comprising of Civil Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers, Traffic Engineers and Landscape Architects
· Evaluate the Tenders
· Administer the building contract
· Advising Government on all matters including policy relating to architecture and Contract Management.
· Making recommendations for the preparation and implementation of building codes and legislation
· Advising on the Government Office Management Unit.
· Prepare documents for appointment of Architectural Consultants and Mechanical and Electrical Consultants, administer the contracts and certify payment.
· Assist in litigation and arbitration proceedings.
· Reply to Audit Queries on building projects.
· Provide material for reply to Private Notice Questions and Parliamentary Questions on building projects
· Keep a record of all building projects
· Compile status of all building projects at regular intervals.
· Prepare Architectural Competition document and assist in evaluation as Jury Member.
· Keep a database of building and civil engineering works contractors and contractors for specialist works and minor works.
Representation in Committees/Boards
· Building Advisory Council (BAC)
· Sub-Committee on Accessibility and Gender under BAC
· BPML Technical Committee
· Professional Architect Council
· Architect Registration Board
· PPP Committee
· Sub-Committee on UN Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities
· Residential Care Homes Board
· National Habitat Committee
· MSB (Building Materials Standards Committee)
· MSB Sub-Committee on Cement
· MID Fund
· National Heritage Committee
· Gender Focal Point
· Technical Committee for Le Morne
· Technical Committee for Aapravasi Ghat Buffer Zone
· Etude Transenergie Bâtiments Publiques (AFD)
· Green Economy Action Plan (UoM)
· Steering Committee on Capacity Building for Sustainability
Achievement of the Architect Section