You are here Services provided by the Traffic Management and Road Safety Unit
(a) The Traffic Management and Road Safety Unit consists of a team of civil engineers and technicians which has two distinct, but complementary functions: Improve the movement of traffic on our roads and reduce the number and severity of road accidents to manageable levels.
(b) The services provide include:
· Improve the fluidity of traffic using conventional traffic management measures, such as, parking restriction, one way scheme, turn restriction, and entry restriction/prohibition;
· Design, provision and maintenance of traffic lights; and
· Collection and management of data on traffic volumes and composition along most heavily trafficked routes.
· Collection and analysis of accident data;
· Modifying the road environment with engineering measures to make the roads safer for every user;
· Revisiting existing legislation and propose new laws related to road safety to adapt with changing traffic conditions and breakthroughs in international road safety research; and
· Modifying road user behaviour through education, training and publicity programs.
(c) A list of contact persons is shown below: